This repository include the source codes for AR Teleoperation Project. The purpose of this project is controlling a mobile robot using VR device, especially 'Oculus Rift'.
You will need two computers (1: Connected to a mobile robot that will use ROS and run 'rosbridge', 2: Connected to Oculus).
The first computer (COM1) streams dual fish eye video, that works as a webcam (Theta S), through 'VLC' with its public ip. Also, it controls the mobile robot based on ROSARIA package (intended work as a submodule in this repo).
The second computer (COM2) receives the video from COM1 and converts the dual fish eye video into a equirectangular format on Unity interface.
Install ROS, ROSARIA, and ROSBridge
Connect Mobile Robot (Pioneer 3AT) with serial cable to one of COM1 USB Ports
Request a service / publish & subscribe message required
For this project, I defined a new message type 'PathName' that contains SSID of APs
Open 'VLC' and start a streaming.
- Best setting for the streaming should be a 'webm' format with appropriate resolution.
- Open Unity project
- Make sure your 'steamVR' is online.
- Click 'Play' button to run and play the video.
Basic structure is streamer(Robot)-watcher(VR).
- Check if the public IP access is available in the school network (PAL3.0).
video streaming with a equirectangular format(Not supported)
- VLC: video streaming with a dual fish eye format
- Unity: Render a video on a Sphere obj
- Unity: Remove tortions in the shader (Maya)
- Unity: Connect with Rosbridge (COM1)
- Unity: Send waypoints to COM1 with
a format of servicea publisher
- Unity: Create UI that shows accessible SSID
- ROS: Setup
- ROS: Define topics to be published/subscribed
- ROS: Add subscribes for plotting (pos)
- ROS: Modify ROSARIA source code if needed (possibly required for scanning wifi signals)
- Sonar sensor interpolation (waiting for testing...) + calculating DOA
- Moving average
- Statistical estimation
- ROS: Path planning algorithm based on the given way-points
- Thesis: Update abstract, intro
- Thesis: Remove deprecated sections (related work, methodology)
- Thesis: Add literature review about a directional antenna (vs omni)
- Thesis: Methodology
- Thesis: Summarize experiments